Tallinn and Harjumaa
- Ülemiste City – Smart City www.ulemistecity.ee
Ülemiste City is a modern district located in the territory of the old Dvigatel factory in the immediate vicinity of the Tallinn Airport. Ülemiste City houses a large number of innovative enterprises and its aim is to make the 36-hectare Smart City into the largest knowledge-based economic environment in the Baltic countries.
- Harju KEK – Best Business Opportunities www.harjukek.ee
Harju KEK is a manufacturing and commercial real estate developer and administrator of financial investments. They are long-term partners for a number of internationally successful companies, among them Ensto, Glamox, Draka, Bauhof. Their vision is to create new value, ensuring the environment and conditions for successful business and production.
- Tallinn Science Park Tehnopol www.tehnopol.ee
Tehnopol is a science and business environment for knowledge-based companies. Today, there are nearly 200 companies (from startups to Skype) operating on the Tehnopol campus, which is situated close to Tallinn University of Technology and the Estonian IT College. Tehnopol provides a set of value adding business development services, infrastructure and international cooperation opportunities for companies.
- City of Paldiski – Centre for Entrepreneurs in Northern Europe
Paldiski has been an attractive investment city since the year 1700. The main reasons for investments during centuries have been the great geographical location, good infrastructure connections (ports, rail, highway, airport) and a variety of entrepreneurs of different scale and area. The City of Paldiski is perfect location for international companies that are looking for a suitable location or business partners for developing their business in Northern Europe.
Additionally, the entrepreneurs of Paldiski offer jointly services and products mainly in the fields of auto logistics, energy (energy centre, including alternative energy competence centre), light oil and gas storing and loading, modern metal manufacturing and storing goods for and from Russian and Asian markets.
- Association of Entrepreneurs of Paldiski www.investinpaldiski.ee
- PAKRI Science and Industrial Park for Alternative Energy
- Tartu Science Park www.teaduspark.ee/en
Tartu Science Park is the oldest science park in the Baltic States. For almost 20 years it has supported business innovation activities in the region by networking with universities, public and private sector. They offer help to foreign companies in extending business to Estonia where the economic environment is characterized by qualified workforce, favourable tax system and liberal markets.
- Foundation Ida-Virumaa Industrial Areas Development www.ivia.ee
Ida-Virumaa is the largest cross-border industrial region in the European Union next to Russia:
- there is plenty of qualified labour force with long-standing traditions in manufacturing and production;
- the area has practically unlimited electric power capacity, as it has two power-plants;
- the area possesses a highly-developed technical infrastructure (renovated systems of water-supply and sewage, electrical networks, modern communication lines for the Internet, telephone and mobile connection);
- the area has a well-developed logistic network (renovated roads and railways, and the most modern port in Estonia – Port of Sillamäe).